Operating System: Windows 95 (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
MDP3858 Series Modems (V-U/V-E/V-A/V-SA/SP-U/SP-E/SP-A/SP-SA) is featured
to support Voice and SpeakerPhone under TAPI mode ONLY. It does not support
under Non-TAPI mode.
For more information on TAPI, please visit Microsoft Website.
1. The SpeakerPhone feature of this product also works with sound card
and TAD connector. A proper TAD cable connecting the modem and the
sound card through the TAD connectors.
2. The Voice feature of this product is supported through the Answering
Machine. (Playback of greeting message will be heard by the remote
3. Playing of recorded messages requires a sound card.
4. This product is compatible to any Windows 95 platform. It is not
meant for Windows 3.x and DOS platform.
5. Silent Detection is currently not supported in this release.
6. The AT Command Instructions Set for the Modem hardware is available
in Microsoft Word format (filename:ATCOMSET.DOC). This file will be
copied into your \WINDOWS subdirectory.
7. This product supports output set to buzzer and speaker. Selection can
be made through SET AUDIO utility (setaudio.exe) found in the Windows/
root directory. Informations provided by the utility consists of the
procedure to complete the selection.